Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Modern Firepower Pinball Project - Coin Door Luck

While I spent a lot of time and effort measuring, test fitting, and reverse engineering how all the various cabinet components had to be installed, on a few occasions lady luck was on my side.

I got really lucky when I installed the coin door.  It never occured to me that the coin door and the lockdown bar retention bracket bolt together.  When I cut the hole for the coin door, I simply centered it left to right, and arbitrarily picked a height that looked appropriate.  Sure, I stared at dozens of pictures before deciding where to locate the coin door, but the pictures below show luck was on my side.

The coin door is installed with four bolts, centered on the bottom, sides and top.  The top hole goes through the bracket.

The vertical alignment was perfect, and I was able to install the bolt and nut without issue.
 Now that you know, you don't have to be lucky like me.  Plan ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment